Thursday, September 4, 2008

Making Beds

Emma's BedPaige's Bed
Paige's mound of toys.

I am trying to get the girls to help out around the house more. I am not sure what age you start official chores but I think Emma is getting close and likes to help. Paige likes to make all of the messes but doesn't like to clean them up. Since school started yesterday I am trying to get in a new routine. One of the new things is the girls are going to start making their own beds instead of me. They quilts and sheets are a little crooked but the effort was still there. Somehow a lot more animals than Paige actually sleeps with ended up on her pillow.

5 comments:

Scott and Melissa said...

Awww thats cute! Try a little chore chart with stickers... Did it with my kids and they LOVED IT!! and at the end of the week they got a item out of the grab box.. random goodies from the dollar store.. :) good luck!

Mauzy Fam said...

That's pretty good - better than Dallin's bed. It's fun to see them do these things on their own. A Chore Chart is a good idea. WE have a treasure box too.

summer k said...

Thats so cute! I think the earler you start them there's less complaning! Sailor helps clean up her room already!

TZ Crew said...

Those beds are sooo cute and I love how your daughter put all those stuffed animals on the bed.Looks like your off to a good start!

Melody B. said...

Train 'em young!:) i'm doing the chore chart at this age too and Hailey LOVES it too. I do 2 prizes per week because it's A LOT of work for just ONE thing at the end of the week. 2 things keeps her motivated!