Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Polar Express




The conductor punching their tickets
The North Pole out of the train window so my picture is blurry.













We took the kids on The Polar Express last weekend. It was so much fun. This was a train ride based on the book and movie. We went on a real train and the kids wore their pajamas like in the movie and they were served hot chocolate and treats. They had music from the movie playing and also read they story over the intercom. They then grabbed all the kids and had them dancing in the aisle and singing Christmas songs. There was a herd of deer running alongside the train when we first got on and one kid yelled they saw Rudolf and so all the kids including Paige claimed they saw his shiny red nose. The train stopped at the North Pole which we could see out the window. It was a house with lights and Santa and some elves were outside waving. Santa then climbed aboard and talked to all the kids and passed out sleigh bells to all the little believers. We had such a great time.

3 comments:

Shiloh McKinnon said...

I got my girls the same pj's for Christmas eve. It was a nightmare to find Kadence's size. In fact I almost emailed you to check for me there knowing that you too are a Gymboree fan.

Shiloh McKinnon said...

My friend actually was able to get me a 3 and because they run a little big I thought it would work but it was too small so I was searching for a 4. Thanks to ebay I got one and now I will just sell the 3 I had bought.

Jennifer Caudle said...

How fun! Your pictures are so cute! It looks like you guys are having a fun December!!