Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Grandma Passed Away on Feb 29th

My Grandma Joyce passed away on Friday night. She was 93 and not doing very well. She couldn't hear anymore and had a really hard time seeing. She also didn't know who her family was anymore when we would go to see her. I am really glad we went to visit her last time we were in town for Thanksgiving. She didn't recognize us but loved my two girls. She did ask me about when my baby was due but didn't realize I was her granddaughter which was sad for me because she used to always know who we were when we visited her even if she couldn't hear what we were saying. I was so proud of Emma and Paige because they offered her lots of hugs and smiled at her a lot without any force from us. Sometimes older people and nursing homes can be kind of scary for kids. My Grandma loved long hair and kept touching Emma's hair saying how pretty it was and how nice these two little girls were. I wished she could have known they were her great granddaughters but for her to at least smile and be happy they were giving her hugs was great. I will miss her but know she is in a better place and not in pain anymore. We took this picture when we there at Thanksgiving and I am so glad I did.

7 comments:

summer k said...

Keri- Sorry about your grandma!

Melody B. said...

Sorry that you lost your grandma, Keri.:( That's so hard when family passes away. the good thing is that she lived a long full life and now she DOES know that those are HER great-grand-daughters and she is VERY proud of them and YOU!

Mike & Stephanie Wright said...

I am really sorry about your Grandma Keri

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Sorry you lost your grandma. That's hard when the memories are lost and they can't remember you.

Kenyon said...

Sorry that your Grandma passed away. Good thing for this precious picture of all of you together.

Shauna said...

Sorry to hear the news. I'm sure she lived a WONDERFUL life! What a great picture.

Cedar said...

I LOVE that picture. Its a 4 generations pic for your girls. They will love that someday! I am glad you saw her when you did. I am sorry to hear sad news, but now shes in a better place and can hear again!!